Sunday, August 7, 2011

Why do I post what I do?

Someone recently commented on my blog asking why I post photos of the result of a serial killer's misdeeds. Also, "if this were someone you loved, would you want this on someone's site?"

Now this question wasn't to belittle me or attack me but to tell you the truth, I thought this would have been asked a lot more and more frequently.

Answer is this:

I am not in it for the shock factor. I am not in it to get the most followers. I do it to share the darker side of the world. Anyone can google a serial killer and get their stories, but I try to bring you stories of not so famous serial killers. I post the pictures to show how horrible these men/women are/were. To show that it can actually happen. Also, I post pictures of adults. I do have a line that I don't cross, I do not post deceased photos of children.

I do have to ask, what do you say to those people who write about serial killers, post the same photos I may post and do it for monetary gain?

I don't think what I am doing is all that bad. I know people who have pictures of their loved ones in their deceased state and hang them on their wall or on facebook for all to see. Some of us would be okay with having others post and some of us not so much.

We are all entitled to our own opinion and the freedom to follow whatever blog we wish to follow. This is not the only time I have posted crime-scene photos nor will it be the last.

If it was someone I loved, I would have other things to care about and deal with than worrying if my loved one's crime-scene photos are on someone's site. I would know that the time we live in now, it's bound to happen. If it bothered me enough, I could always write to the person posting the photos and ask them to cease and desist. The first amendment comes into play until it is request from the specific families that I stop.

My blog has the "adult" tag on it and you must chose if you want to view what is behind that button. You have the choice to not follow, read or look at what I have posted.

I have lost many followers after I started posting my serial killer posts. It is what it is. We all have our tastes in what we are interested in and what we want to read. I figured my blog would not be the most popular and I put it out there for people who are interested in this subject.

I do thank anyone for their input and their opinions and questions. I also thank those of you who continue following. Those of you who choose not to follow or have stopped following, I thank you as well for taking a chance and looking to see what other blogs there may be even though it can be a tad bit morbid.

I mean I have won blog awards..............

1 comment: